Sang Éternel
Only REGISTERED users can see EVERYTHING! Many interesting stuff are hidden from strangers.
If you are already member- we would be happy if you would put your character's biography in "BIOGRAPHY" forum. Examples already are. It will be easier to put you to spec. group. If you won't be active, don't register.
Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sang Éternel
Only REGISTERED users can see EVERYTHING! Many interesting stuff are hidden from strangers.
If you are already member- we would be happy if you would put your character's biography in "BIOGRAPHY" forum. Examples already are. It will be easier to put you to spec. group. If you won't be active, don't register.
Thanks.
Sang Éternel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dorian Gray

Go down

Dorian Gray Empty Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Tumblrm6rgr4wuye1qdrg17

Born: 1853-11-10
Zodiac: Scorpio
Religion: Protestant
Nationality: English

When a naïve young me arrived in a train to Victorian London, I was swept into a social whirlwind by the charismatic Lord Henry Wotton, who introduced me to the hedonistic pleasures of the city. Lord Henry's friend, society artist Basil Hallward, painted a portrait of me to capture the full power of my youthful beauty. When the portrait was unveiled, I made a flippant pledge: I would give anything to stay as I was in the picture—even my soul.
I met and fell in love with young budding actress Sibyl Vane. After a few weeks, I proposed marriage to her, but after Lord Henry told me that having children is "the beginning of the end", he took me to a brothel. This broke Sibyl's heart as I left her; drowning herself soon after. I learnt of this next day from her brother "Jim" (James), who told me that Sybil was pregnant. Jim then tried to kill me before being restrained and carried off by the authorities. My initial grief disappeared as Lord Henry persuaded me that all events are mere experiences and without consequence, and my hedonistic lifestyle worsened, distancing me from a concerned Hallward.
I went home to find the portrait of myself warped and twisted and realised that his pledge has came true; while the portrait aged, my sins were shown as physical defects on the canvas. The chaos of the portrait of me started, leading me to brutally kill Hallward after telling him my secret, dumping the body in the River Thames.
Having left London to travel for many years, I returned to London and during the welcome-back party the guests were surprised to see that I has not aged at all. I became close to Lord Henry's daughter, Emily, a member of the UK suffragette movement, despite Lord Henry's distaste for such a relationship due to my lifestyle and unnatural appearance, Emily having provided Lord Henry with a greater moral focus.
Although I appeared genuinely interested in changing my ways as I spent time with Emily, matters were complicated when I was confronted by James, still seeking revenge for his sister's death; despite mine attempts to drive off my suspicions by pointing out my apparent age, James nevertheless deduced my true identity, only to be killed by a train during the chase in the London Underground. As Gray makes arrangements to leave London with Emily, Lord Henry's study of old photographs made him remember the time when he teased me to deal with the devil for eternal youth and beauty at the cost of his soul.
Breaking into my house as I and Emily were making plans to leave together, Lord Henry discovered the concealed portrait, but was interrupted by me before he could uncover it. Although I attempted to convince Lord Henry that I still cerished his friendship and genuinely loved his daughter, Lord Henry discovered a stained scarf of Basil's in a box, prompting me to angrily declare that I was what Lord Henry has made me, the personification of the life he preached but never dared practise. Full of anger and grief, I attempted to strangle Lord Henry, but was distracted by Emily's call long enough for Lord Henry to knock me aside and expose the portrait.
Disgusted and horrified at the twisted sight on the canvas, Lord Henry threw a lit lamp at the portrait, causing it to catch fire, subsequently locking the gate of the attic, to ensure me and the painting were destroyed, before his daughter saw the ruckus as she pleaded with me for the key. I, after seeing her and realising that I really loved her, turned my back as Lord Henry dragged his daughter out of the house, my last words being to assure Emily that she has my whole heart. Resolving to end it all, I stabbed the painting with a poker, causing my body to age the years that it has never suffered, I charging at the portrait to fully impale it as my years caught up to me before the attic was consumed by an explosion.
A few months later, scarred from the explosion and after attempting to reconcile with Emily through Agatha over the phone, Lord Henry headed to his attic where he kept the now-youthful portrait of me, grimly noting that nobody will look at it now. As Lord Henry left, the portrait's eyes glowed, suggesting that my soul may still be within the portrait even after my death.

BUT! It was just a trick. I escaped from fire, brought back my youth and...stole my paiting from Henry's house. I escaped and now I'm here... Again to please you all....

Lestat de Lioncourt
Lestat de Lioncourt
Admin
Admin

https://sangeternel.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum